According to scientific research and verified experiences, it is best to start learning a foreign language under the age of five. Multilingual communication at a young age encourages the formation of neural connections and contributes to the maximum use of one’s intellectual potential.
At Villa Luna, children communicate in two languages with their teachers, therefore creating the basis for bilingualism. A Czech speaking teacher and a native speaker work together in each group.
We use the method of immersion for learning a foreign language at Villa Luna, which is based on the principle of "immersing a child into a language spa". In practice, this means that in the kindergarten we communicate naturally in a foreign language with the child. Learning a new language is not about "cramming", but takes place intuitively and playfully. We use the principle of "one person = one language " in the immersion method. Czech teachers communicate only in Czech with the children and native speakers use only English or German.
Our language groups are designed to provide the children with a unique and natural multicultural environment. The parents may select between the English-Czech and German-Czech groups. There is one Czech speaking teacher and one native speaker in each group.
Villa Luna and Bilingualism
- Language groups
- Communication with native speakers throughout the whole day
- Activity clubs in English and German
- Children of different nationalities
- Exposure to a foreign language already in nursery school
- Playful and intuitive learning
- Multicultural environment also for parents
What advantages do bilingual children have?
- They are more flexible and perceptive
- They are able to learn other foreign languages more easily
- They have more social opportunities thanks to the knowledge of a foreign language
- They have higher educational opportunities
- They are ready for life in a multicultural world
- They are more tolerant